- Drink water. Oh my goodness, what a difference this makes! You’ll feel better, your skin looks better, you stay not sick, and you will lose weight…after that initial water weight wears off.
- Write down everything you eat/drink. This is the only way I can ever lose weight. Once you actually write it down, you really realize how many calories you’re taking in everyday! I always chart it for a week of normal eating, just to see what my calories have gotten up to. It will shock you! If you have an iPhone – there’s a great app called Lose It. It’s free, and has pretty much every food under the sun!
- Eat Breakfast. I am not really a big fan of breakfast food – I’m the person always eating normal foods at breakfast time. My family makes fun of my for it. But I do make myself eat in the morning. I’ve heard before you burn 10-20% more calories throughout the day if you eat a good breakfast!
- Don’t keep the bad stuff in the house. This is something I really started doing once I got married. I had a friend that used to call it a “bored stomach” – when you get bored, you eat everything in sight. If it’s not in your house, you can’t eat it (and probably won’t go to the store to get it).
- Cut out any liquid calories. This is easy – just don’t drink anything that has calories in it. They’re empty calories that won’t fill you up. We’ve also quit drinking diet drinks – I’ve heard, in the long run, they’re much worse for you than regular calorie drinks. Just stick with water – it’s a safe bet!
- Have a set time you’re working out, every week. That way, you have no excuse not to schedule around working out. Don’t overdo it either – if you work out 3 hours your first go-round, you’ll feel like you’re going to die the next day and will be scared to go back. Ease yourself into it!
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!