I need to be READING these tips instead of making a post about these tips. 🙂
I very, seriously, badly need to lost about 10 pounds this year. I haven’t even thought about a diet plan yet because a) I have ZERO motivation to lose weight right now (bad, I know), and b) I just don’t have the time to think about losing weight. By the time I get home from school everyday, I am so pooped that I don’t want to move – much less work out.
But I will share things that have worked for me in the past!
- Drink water. Oh my goodness, what a difference this makes! You’ll feel better, your skin looks better, you stay not sick, and you will lose weight…after that initial water weight wears off.
- Write down everything you eat/drink. This is the only way I can ever lose weight. Once you actually write it down, you really realize how many calories you’re taking in everyday! I always chart it for a week of normal eating, just to see what my calories have gotten up to. It will shock you! If you have an iPhone – there’s a great app called Lose It. It’s free, and has pretty much every food under the sun!
- Eat Breakfast. I am not really a big fan of breakfast food – I’m the person always eating normal foods at breakfast time. My family makes fun of my for it. But I do make myself eat in the morning. I’ve heard before you burn 10-20% more calories throughout the day if you eat a good breakfast!
- Don’t keep the bad stuff in the house. This is something I really started doing once I got married. I had a friend that used to call it a “bored stomach” – when you get bored, you eat everything in sight. If it’s not in your house, you can’t eat it (and probably won’t go to the store to get it).
- Cut out any liquid calories. This is easy – just don’t drink anything that has calories in it. They’re empty calories that won’t fill you up. We’ve also quit drinking diet drinks – I’ve heard, in the long run, they’re much worse for you than regular calorie drinks. Just stick with water – it’s a safe bet!
- Have a set time you’re working out, every week. That way, you have no excuse not to schedule around working out. Don’t overdo it either – if you work out 3 hours your first go-round, you’ll feel like you’re going to die the next day and will be scared to go back. Ease yourself into it!
WANT TO ACCESS MY FREE COLLECTION OF PRINTABLES?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection!