Speaking from experience here…
1. You wake up to a call from your mother at 5am, and you know it’s because of bad weather.
2. You get random days off in the middle of the week.
3. The color commentary on twitter about your local meteorologist is the most entertaining part of the day.
4. Words like shear, helicity, and mesoscale become common language.
5. You’ve become complacent with the sound of tornado sirens going off (sad, but true).
6. Dodging trees on the way out in the morning is pretty normal.
7. You look at said trees and think, “Did that tree fall from this storm or the last storm?”
8. You know how to find a tornado on a radar.
9. Your house is missing parts…and/or your yard and flowerbed are constantly a mess.
10. Your radar looks like this…
WANT TO ACCESS MY FREE COLLECTION OF PRINTABLES?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection!