- Outback Steakhouse donated 5,000 sandwiches yesterday
- The New York Yankees have donation half a million dollars
- Tide Loads of Hope will be at Bruno’s on McFarland on Tuesday
- Toomers for TTown has been BEYOND incredible. They are using their facebook and twitter pages to dispatch people when a need comes up…and are usually filling that need WITHIN MINUTES. It is amazing. This is a group of Auburn fans that is helping us right now, and I could not be more thankful. You can see their facebook here and their twitter here…they would be a good group to follow for frequent updates.
- The DKE Fraternity house on campus (across from the stadium on University) needs volunteers to prepare food…this would also be a good place to drop any food supplies you have. Side story on this – all of the fraternity/sorority houses on campus were fully stocked, because they were supposed to have to feed college kids next week. Since the University cancelled everything, they had all of this food, and somebody had the BRILLIANT idea of consolidating it, cooking it, and giving out hot meals. GENIUS. But obviously, they’re starting to run low, so any food donations would be good here.
- My school (Tuscaloosa Magnet School, next to Baumhower’s off of McFarland) is helping Alberta Elementary move in. We’re also receiving a good bit of donations, and need people to organize and deliver. I’ll be there this afternoon!
- My church (First Methodist Tuscaloosa) needs volunteers with chainsaws to clear trees. Just show up at the church with your equipment!
- I’ve heard that Five Points Baptist in Northport needs volunteers to organize donations.
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!