(Warning: Vent post)
It’s been a Murphy’s Law kind of day so far: if it could go wrong, it has.
I’ve had a pretty good stretch lately, so I can’t really complain if this is the only bad day in awhile. But really? Does everything have to happen all in the same morning?
So far (keep in mind, it’s 12:30)…
- I woke up to 2 customers wanting to hold/refund orders
- Got out of bed, found out I wasn’t pregnant this month
- Immediately went and checked email/facebook…found out two girls I know that got pregnant the same time I did had their babies this morning
- Tried to get my coupons together to go to the grocery store…several wouldn’t print
- Didn’t get paper delivered for penny item coupon for grocery store
- Couldn’t find car keys to get to grocery store
- Get halfway to grocery store, realized I forgot a $5 coupon I needed
- Finally get to the grocery store…did shopping, went to check out, and the cashier literally double and triple checked EVERY. SINGLE. COUPON. I. HAD. Had to check to make sure I had the quantities on each one…I did. Had to check and make sure I had the right product…I did. Finally, we get to the end, and I had a $4.99 product with a $5 coupon. She called her manager over to take THE ONE CENT off of the coupon.
- Get to the fast food place for lunch…didn’t have the coupon I needed for it
- Get home to find out ANOTHER girl that got pregnant the same time I did had her baby (that’s three for this morning, if you’ve lost count).
- A few minutes later, get an email from the same customer as this morning wanting a full refund on a project I had already done (and that she had already received all of the graphics for).
By this point, I cracked. I was shaking and crying there for a few minutes (have you figured out yet that I start shaking when I’m super emotional about something?). But I pulled my junk together, and I’m better now.
But this day could go on and end if it wanted to. I’m keeping my sanity by repeating…
I WILL BE ON A CRUISE IN FOUR DAYS!!!
WANT TO ACCESS MY FREE COLLECTION OF PRINTABLES?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection!