When I started this blog, the “My 101 in 1001” lists were all the rage. I started one then, having no clue what would happen to me/us in the next 1001 days! We’ve been through a lot of ups and downs in that time.
The crazy thing about this list…the 1001 days were up on March 15, 2012. For those of you paying attention…that was my due date! Crazy how things turn out sometimes. So I obviously haven’t really had a chance to do an update post since it ended until now. Here’s what I finished!
1. Take a long bubble bath at least once a week. 2. Buy at least one new outfit every couple of months.
3. Keep hands and feet maintained with a manicure/
pedicure. (I wasn’t so good about getting manicures, but I kept a pedicure as much as possible!) 4. Organize the files on my computer. Keep organized. 5. Get two new camera lenses and learn how to use them. 6. Keep my wedding/engagement rings clean. (Most of the time, anyway.) 7. Subscribe to a magazine. 8. Try 6 new restaurants.
10. Go to a county I have never been to before. (Ok, I’m counting this…we were slated to go to Canada on our Alaskan cruise, but couldn’t port because of the wind. So I tried! And we got to see the Canadian coast…that counts, right? :))
16. Get a facial. 17. Buy a really expensive pair of jeans. (It TOTALLY counts if they were expensive, but I got them on sale! 🙂 ) 18. Buy a Macbook. 19. (Private) (I’m calling it finished, just because I can’t remember what it was! Haha! :)) 21. Back up all of my pictures onto an external hard drive.
For My Mind
25. Watch ten new movies. 26. Watch 5 documentaries that teach me something. 27. Learn 100 new, completely random facts. (100/100)
For My Soul (I’ll be the first to admit – this is the area that’s lacking on this list. I’m making it a priority starting now!)
32. Decorate for Christmas the week of Thanksgiving every year. 35. Watch a sunrise.
43. Get each of my neighbors a small Christmas present every year. (1/3) (I tried this one year…we don’t really talk to our neighbors a whole lot, so it just seems awkward.)
44. Volunteer locally. 45. Make a meal for a family that has had a loss or had a baby.
For My Health
46. Hit 125 pounds and maintain (give or take 5 pounds). (This happened for a little bit, then came Emma Ramey :))
47. Work out at least three times a week until I reach my goal weight; two times a week afterwards. (Still working on this after pregnancy, but I’m getting there slowly!)
48. Drink at least 6 cups of water a day. 49. Take vitamins every day. 51. Learn how to eat/cook organic. 52. (Private)
For My Wallet
53. Start using coupons. 54. Make a realistic budget for our household that we can follow every month. 55. Pay off all student loans and credit cards. 56. Establish a savings account with at least 6 months of income. 58. Only eat fast food or at restaurants twice a week (at most). 59. Keep our grocery bill under $25/week (yes, it is possible!).
For My Family and Marriage
61. Spend at least one hour of quality time with each other a night. 62. Go on monthly “date nights.” 63. Get pregnant. 64. If we get pregnant before the 1001 days are up, have pregnancy pictures taken. 66. Take a family vacation with Noah’s family. 67. Take a family vacation with my family. 68. Go on a really nice vacation (just the two of us) at least once before we have kids. 70. (Private) 71. Add 10 recipes to my collection. (Thanks Pinterest!) 72. Take dance lessons with Noah. 73. Start videotaping major events in our life. 74. Start doing random romantic things for Noah.
For Our Home
76. Vacuum at least once a week. 77. Buy a king sized bed. 78. Make a chore file that organizes what chores need to be done when. 79. Buy a new bath rug for the spare bath. 80. Decorate spare bathroom and master water closet. 81. Decorate office or convert it to a bedroom. 82. Start using all-natural cleaners. 83. Plant a fruit/vegetable garden. 86. Make our bed every day for a month. (I think I did this at least for 30 days in a row.) 87. Buy something new for our house every month.
For My Job
89. Make a fun and education classroom that my students will enjoy. 90. Learn at least two interesting facts about each of my students. 91. Read two books that help me be a better teacher. 92. Make a way to tell parents the good things about their children, not just the bad. 93. Buy something that will help my students learn at least once a month. (2/33) (I’m calling this one done – I bought enough in 2 months for at least a few years! 🙂 94. Help five children learn more about/find their passion. (I hope I did this!)
96. Play with Hardy at least 30 minutes a day. (This happened most of the time, but not every day.)
97. Buy him a new water/food bowl. 98. Celebrate his birthday every year.
100. Put this on the blog so I can be accountable.
101. Donate $10 to charity for every item I don’t complete at the end of 1001 days. (Yikes…guess I’m doing this now!)
Italics = in progress
Strikethrough = finished
Bold, colored writing = never accomplished or can’t accomplish
So, if you’re keeping track, that’s 35 items I didn’t do, and 66 that I either did or am still doing. Not as bad as I thought! And considering I was a little over-zealous in some of these, I’m happy with that. 🙂
WANT TO ACCESS MY FREE COLLECTION OF PRINTABLES?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection!