Another month, another set of goals! It really seems like time is flying between these…isn’t that how it goes though? I honestly feel like I was just writing my June post yesterday!
1. Stay under our set overall budget for June. B – I’ll say we did this, just because we eeked by right under budget (by maybe $50). But, we had some bills that just happened to not come out just yet, so technically we were over.
2. Work out at least 4 times during school and 4 times at home. F – Not even close. Maybe once or twice. Pathetic.
3. Find a place for the rest of the “junk” in the house. D – I won’t say we completely didn’t do this, because I think it’s an ongoing process. Do we have as much clutter in the house as we had at the beginning of June? No. But nowhere near where I hoped we would be.
4. Stick with fresh/unprocessed ingredients for most meals. B – I don’t know that I consciously tried to do this as much as I’d like to admit, but we definitely used much more in the fresh department than the boxed/packaged department.
5. Start asking “do we need this?” before each purchase. A – I’d say this is one thing we did really well. I really did ask myself this before pretty much everything I bought. Maybe $50 worth of needless purchases this month? That’s not bad for us (or any household, for that matter).
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish in July!
1. Stay on trend with spending. The past few months have been really good in the finance department. Not that we’re making any more than normal, but we’ve really learned how to manage what we are making and stay at/under budget. I want to keep that up. I was looking at the budget for the past year or so, and it looks like we’ll have a great few months and then just tank one month. Not happening this time.
2. Inventory all extra cleaners/toiletries/paper products in our home. I feel like we have an absolute ton of extras in these departments. I don’t want to get into the (bad) habit of re-buying things we already have in our home..so I want to get a good running inventory of what we already have. Bonus points if I can get all of it actually organized! 🙂
3. Drink more water. I am just one of those people that feels terrible if I don’t get enough to drink during the day. I’m hoping to keep something with me at all times and actually drink it. I’m kind of lumping anything liquid and non-caffeinated into this.
4. Prepare (or have) a yard sale. Still lots of things we need to get rid of, and I think this is going to be our best bet. Big news that I don’t think I’ve talked about on the blog yet – we sold our Tuscaloosa condo! We hopefully close next week, so we’re moving all of the random things out of there this weekend…so we’ll definitely have plenty to sell. I’m hoping to at least inventory everything month, and would love to actually sell it!
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!