1. Rock and Play – This is one I really had no idea that I needed until I bought it! Everybody and their mother recommended this to me, but I just didn’t think we needed one more baby item in the house. After Jackson refused to let me put him down for a few days, I finally caved and tried it…and much to my surprise, he sat (and even slept) peacefully in it pretty much every time we used it!
It’s wonderful if you have a baby that loves to be held. It’s a deeper cradle that has legs to allow for gently rocking the baby. They even sell an auto rocker version, but we don’t have that one. Just trust me…this is a must have!
2. Ergobaby 360/Baby Bjorn Original – I go back and forth between which one of these I like more. Like I mentioned, Jackson’s a snuggler…which is tough when you have another child that requires attention too. I needed a way to hold him and still have the ability to do things around the house & with Emmie.
Both carriers have their pros and cons. We had the Baby Bjorn with Emmie, but she hated to be held, so we rarely used it with her. I saved it for the second baby though, and we used it a ton at first. However, I noticed my back was hurting a good bit when I used it, and after a little research, I discovered that the model I have can actually case hip issues in babies (plus it’s uncomfortable for him). So, we bought the Ergobaby360 to use in it’s place. I still use the Baby Bjorn some around the house, mostly because it’s so much easier to put on by myself. Jackson seems to like it more for short periods too. I mostly just use it for short spurts (no more than 10-15 minutes). If we’re going to be out of the house or I’m using a carrier for longer, I go with the Ergo. I don’t notice the back issues with the Ergo and Jackson will actually fall asleep in it (as opposed to the Bjorn, where he’s typically pretty active).
3. Ma’am Pacifiers – I always tell new moms to register for a few different kinds of pacifiers (maybe a pack of each), because you never know which ones a baby will take to. Jackson ended up loving these! He’s been able to use them and breastfeed with no issues. Plus they’re just so darn cute. 🙂 Definitely our favorite this time!
4. Swaddleme Sleeper – This absolutely saved our sanity for the first couple of months! Jackson absolutely would not sleep anywhere but in our arms when he first came home from the hospital. I wanted a way he could be in the bed with us that was safe. The Swaddleme Sleeper was the perfect solution! It’s a metal-framed “nest” that you can put in between you and your partner for the baby…think of it as a mini crib within your bed. We were actually able to sleep with him in the bed and not worry about safety. Worth every penny!
5. SwaddleMe Blankets – Another great product from Swaddleme…we used these with both Emmie and Jackson, and they are wonderful. I have never really been able to get a swaddle super tight, and both of my babies liked to be really tightly wrapped when they were put to bed. These blankets have a velcro closure that allows you to get their swaddle super snug! We just stopped using these a few weeks ago.
6. Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Mat – This is another product that both Emmie and Jackson absolutely loved. It’s a great place to do tummy time or set the baby down for a few minutes if needed.
7. Boppy Pillow – If you’re nursing, I consider this a must-have (especially for the first month or so)! I used this when nursing Jackson and when holding him…I had a c-section, and this kind of blocked my incision. It’s great!
Alright mommies, what am I leaving out? Leave your best baby products in the comments!
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!