This easy recipe for Cherry Coke Earthquake Cake mixes the chocolate flavor of Coca Cola and maraschino cherries for a rich and yummy dessert…perfect for summer!
But, the one I’ve got for you today is a little bit summery while being a sort of off of the beaten path of “summer cakes.” It’s a tad bit richer, but still packs that summer flavor and hint of fruit. And, if the flavor of a big Cherry Coke doesn’t remind you of summer, I don’t know what will!
Here’s the newest addition to my Earthquake Cake series – meet Cherry Coke Earthquake Cake! You won’t believe how easy this one is either. Just a few ingredients combine to give an amazing variety of flavors.
Mixing helper is totally optional. 😉
Cherry Coke Earthquake Cake
- 15.25 oz box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 20 oz bottle Cherry Coke
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries with juice
- 6 oz box cherry gelatin mix
- 2 16 oz jars vanilla frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, 12oz Cherry Coke, and eggs until blended with no lumps. Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Drain the cherries; set juice aside.
- In another bowl, mix together 1/4 cup cherry juice, 1 jar of frosting, and half of the gelatin mix. Spoon frosting mixture in dollops on top of the cake mixture.
- Cut cherries in half and drop evenly into the cake mixture.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top of cake mixture.
- With a butter knife, gently swirl together all of the elements of the cake mixture. Don't completely mix; there should be distinct parts of the cake still visible. Make sure to swirl all the way to the sides of the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until center is set and no longer jiggly. Cool for 15-20 minutes before frosting.
- Mix together the remaining jar of frosting, the remaining gelatin mix, and 1/2 cup of Cherry Coke. Pour over cooled cake and allow to set for 5-10 minutes (the frosting will settle into the nooks and crannies of the cake as it sets).
- Serve warm.
Grab the Complete Earthquake Cake Collection Cookbook for free!
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to newsletter-exclusive printables.