This no-bake chocolate eclair icebox cake is made with graham crackers and pudding to give it a cake-like, rich taste! Easy and classic dessert recipe for a summer potluck.
A few weeks ago, we had a church potluck, and one of my friends brought one of the absolute best desserts I’ve ever had. Seriously.
Afterwards, I told her I had to have the recipe. This one was definitely going on my potluck rotation! So she just kind of described it to me quickly. That night, I took what she told me and kind of modified the recipe to make it my own – and y’all. You are going to go nuts over this super easy recipe.
The graham cracker layers get soft as they set overnight, so you end up having a cake-y texture in between layers of rich pudding mixture. And the chocolate topping gets just a little bit firm when it sets, giving the slightest bit of crunch and texture. It’s incredible.
Here’s my version of Chocolate Eclair Icebox Cake!
- 14.4oz box graham crackers
- 2 3.1oz boxes vanilla pudding mix
- 8oz container whipped topping, thawed
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup half and half
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup half and half
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix pudding mix, ½ cup powdered sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 cups cold milk, and 1 cup half and half. Whisk well and let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once pudding is set, gently fold in whipped topping until well-incorporated.
- Put a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish. Layer half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Repeat a layer of graham crackers, the remaining pudding mixture, and one more layer of crackers.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, ⅓ cup half and half, butter, pinch of salt, and 2 tsp vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until contents are completely melted, mixing well in between. Once completely melted, add in 1½ cups powdered sugar and ⅓ cup cocoa powder.
- Pour chocolate over the top layer of graham crackers; spread to cover entire cake.
- Let cake set in the fridge at least overnight before serving.
Good luck not eating it all in one weekend (like I might or might not have done).
WANT THE LATEST RECIPES FROM LAMBERTS LATELY?
Subscribe to get my latest content straight to your inbox. You'll also receive exclusive access to my collection of printables!