This Pressure Cooker Carrot & Butternut Squash Soup can be prepped in popular cookers like the Instant Pot and is insanely rich/creamy and dairy free! It’s a healthy recipe that has a slight hint of curry…delicious for a fall meal.
I’m back with the next installment of Best of Freezer Meal Boot Camps today! This is a recipe that you might not think of making during the summer normally – but trust me, it’s versatile enough to be perfect for cold or warm weather. It can be served warm as a creamy, rich bisque or cool as a perfect summer lunch.
Today, I’m sharing my Pressure Cooker Carrot & Butternut Squash Soup from my fall soups boot camp. This is the absolute creamiest non-dairy soup you will ever find. Seriously. You won’t believe that there is no cheese/milk in this. It’s incredibly rich without a lot of the fattening stuff!
As a reminder: I’ll be sharing a recipe for each week of the summer (10 weeks total). On the 11th week, I’ll have a full pack of printables, recipes, and prep instructions to make all of these recipes at once for your freezer, just like my other Freezer Meal Boot Camps! You can check out last week’s recipe (Smokey Penne Pasta) here.
In each of these posts, I’ll share how to make the recipe from either fresh or frozen. (And a note: if you’ve done my boot camps before, these recipes might vary slightly from the original version to make overall prep easier.)
Ingredient List 1: If freezing, put the following in your freezer container:
1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled & chopped
1lb carrots, coarsely chopped
1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1/4 cup Better than Bouillon chicken
(Don’t forget to label your meal – here’s a free printable for that!)
Ingredients Needed For Serve Day:
12oz pack bacon
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 pack sliced turkey
1 pack sliced cheddar cheese
1 loaf sandwich bread
1 bottle honey mustard
2 tbsp butter
(Side item: grilled turkey & cheddar sandwiches)
(If Prepping From Frozen) On Serve Day…
1. Thaw your meal enough to pop out of the freezer container.
2. Add frozen meal & 2 cups water to IP.
3. Set IP for high, 30 minutes. Once cook cycle is up, quick release the pressure.
4. While the IP is cooking, prep sandwiches with turkey/cheese/honey mustard inside and grill with butter in a pan for 2-3 minutes per side. Chop basil and bake bacon in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
5. Once IP cycle is done and pressure is released, use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir well and garnish bowls of soup with a good pinch of basil and bacon.
(If Prepping From Fresh) On Serve Day…
1. Add ingredients from ingredient list 1 & 2 cups water to IP.
2. Set IP for high, 30 minutes. Once cook cycle is up, quick release the pressure.
3. While the IP is cooking, prep sandwiches with turkey/cheese/honey mustard inside and grill with butter in a pan for 2-3 minutes per side. Chop basil and bake bacon in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. Once IP cycle is done and pressure is released, use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir well and garnish bowls of soup with a good pinch of basil and bacon.
I hope you love this rich, delicious soup!
ACCESS EXCLUSIVE PRINTABLES FOR THE INSTANT POT FREEZER MEAL BOOT CAMPS!
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to my Instant Pot Freezer Meal Boot Camp grocery lists!