You will love this recipe for Pressure Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast – includes instructions for how to make into a freezer meal and prep in an Instant Pot!
Alright guys, I’ll confess – I kind of messed up when I included this recipe in the best of Boot Camps series. 😬
I had full intention on showcasing the top meals included in the free plans that have appeared on the blog in this series. I was going to leave the recipes from the premium packs out (for now)…but this one slipped in. I didn’t realize it was from a paid plan until I had it in the freezer, ready to test and photograph, so I decided to leave this one in. So you guys get a freebie from the premium Boot Camps today!
And I must say – this one is probably the most asked-about from the premium plans. It’s so incredibly easy and so incredibly delicious. It is probably one of the easiest to prep in this whole series (you really just dump a few things and freeze), and you won’t believe the flavor in it. Very fitting that I get to include this one, since we’re now a Mississippi family!
As a reminder: I’ll be sharing a recipe for each week of the summer (10 weeks total). On the 11th week, I’ll have a full pack of printables, recipes, and prep instructions to make all of these recipes at once for your freezer, just like my other Freezer Meal Boot Camps! (UPDATE: The full freezer meal boot camp is now available here!) You can check out the other recipes in this series below:
Part 3 – Mississippi Roast (you’re here!)
In each of these posts, I’ll share how to make the recipe from either fresh or frozen. (And a note: if you’ve done my boot camps before, these recipes might vary slightly from the original version to make overall prep easier.)
Ingredient List 1: If freezing, put the following in your freezer container:
3lb chuck roast
6oz (half a jar) of pepperoncini peppers, with juice
1 stick of butter (no need to melt)
1 pack of ranch dressing mix
1 pack brown gravy mix
(Don’t forget to label your meal – here’s a free printable for that!)
Ingredients Needed For Serve Day:
2lbs red potatoes
8oz light sour cream
1/3 cup milk
1 pack ranch dressing mix
2 12oz bags frozen green beans
2 tbsp evoo
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
(Side item: ranch mashed potatoes, roasted green beans)
(If Prepping From Frozen) On Serve Day…
1. Thaw your meal enough to pop out of the freezer container.
2. Add frozen meal and 1 cup water to IP.
3. Set IP for high, 90 minutes. Once cook cycle is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 10-15 minutes before releasing remaining pressure.
4. While the IP is cooking, wash & poke holes in potatoes. Cook in microwave for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Mash and mix with sour cream, ranch dressing mix, and milk.
5. Mix green beans with evoo and salt/pepper/garlic powder and roast for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees.
(If Prepping From Fresh) On Serve Day…
1. Add list of ingredients from list 1 and 1 cup water to IP.
2. Set IP for high, 90 minutes. Once cook cycle is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 10-15 minutes before releasing remaining pressure.
3. While the IP is cooking, wash & poke holes in potatoes. Cook in microwave for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Mash and mix with sour cream, ranch dressing mix, and milk.
4. Mix green beans with evoo and salt/pepper/garlic powder and roast for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees.
Hope you love this one! You can check out the other recipes from this series here.
And, speaking of those premium Freezer Meal Boot Camp packs…there are two more as of today!
My vegan and vegetarian packs are officially for sale. With each one of these, you’ll get 10 recipes specially designed for these diets. You’ll receive recipe card printables, printable labels, a full grocery list, and complete prep instructions to get 10 meals per pack in your freezer in just a couple of hours. Vegan and vegetarian cooking doesn’t get easier than this!
Click here to check out the menus for the newest two packs…they’re towards the bottom of the page!
(UPDATED: You can now find the full Best of Freezer Meal Boot Camp, including full prep instructions and labels, here!)
ACCESS EXCLUSIVE PRINTABLES FOR THE INSTANT POT FREEZER MEAL BOOT CAMPS!
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to my Instant Pot Freezer Meal Boot Camp grocery lists!