This easy copycat recipe for Pressure Cooker Zuppa Toscana can be made in the Instant Pot and is loaded with big flavors – sausage, bacon, and kale make it delicious!
As many of you who have checked out my freezer meal boot camps know, I have quite a few copycat meals spotted throughout my meal plans! I love taking popular restaurant meals and giving them my own unique spin to make them freezer and Instant Pot-friendly.
One of my absolute favorites (and apparently one of the reader favorites too) is this Zuppa Toscana soup. It’s the copycat of a popular Italian restaurant chain’s famous soup and, if I do say so myself, tastes just like the real thing. It’s so easy to make at home too – this one has one of the smallest ingredient lists in this whole series, but still packs a huge flavor punch!
Whether you make this one fresh of from a freezer meal, I think you guys are going to love how rich and comforting it is. I also rely on this one when I need a super quick meal – the prep day instructions are incredibly simple and quick.
As a reminder: I’ll be sharing a recipe for each week of the summer (10 weeks total). On the 11th week, I’ll have a full pack of printables, recipes, and prep instructions to make all of these recipes at once for your freezer, just like my other Freezer Meal Boot Camps! (UPDATE: The full freezer meal boot camp is now available here!) You can check out the other recipes in this series below:
Part 8 – Zuppa Toscana (you’re here!)
In each of these posts, I’ll share how to make the recipe from either fresh or frozen. (And a note: if you’ve done my boot camps before, these recipes might vary slightly from the original version to make overall prep easier.)
Ingredient List 1: If freezing, put the following in your freezer container:
2lbs sliced red potatoes, sliced and blanched
1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 slices bacon, crumbled
1lb Italian sausage (cooked)
2 tsp better than bouillon chicken
3 cups kale
(Don’t forget to label your meal – here’s a free printable for that!)
Ingredients Needed For Serve Day:
1 pack cheddar garlic biscuit mix
1 8oz container heavy cream
(If Prepping From Frozen) On Serve Day…
1. Thaw your meal enough to pop out of the freezer container.
2. Add frozen meal & 2 cups water to IP.
3. Set IP for high, 15 minutes. Once cook cycle is up, quick release the pressure.
4. While the IP is cooking, prep biscuits according to package directions.
5. Once lid is removed from cooker, add heavy cream and stir well. Serve with cheddar garlic biscuits on the side.
(If Prepping From Fresh) On Serve Day…
1. Add ingredients from list 1 & 2 cups water to IP.
2. Set IP for high, 15 minutes. Once cook cycle is up, quick release the pressure.
3. While the IP is cooking, prep biscuits according to package directions.
4. Once lid is removed from cooker, add heavy cream and stir well. Serve with cheddar garlic biscuits on the side.
Enjoy your Italian night at home, friends!
(UPDATED: You can now find the full Best of Freezer Meal Boot Camp, including full prep instructions and labels, here!)
ACCESS EXCLUSIVE PRINTABLES FOR THE FREEZER MEAL BOOT CAMPS!
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog and access to my Freezer Meal Boot Camp grocery lists and printable packs!