This easy Pumpkin Bombshell Cake with cream cheese frosting is one of the most simple recipes you’re going to find for a fall dessert! Great way to make such a moist, rich cake from a box mix that’s spiced up.
Alright guys, you get a bonus recipe this week! This was one I didn’t even have on my editorial calendar, but when we made it I knew it had to go on the blog.
On our house’s first birthday, our kids were insistent we get the house a birthday cake…and, I mean, how do you say no to that? After running to the store at the last minute and not being able to find the pre-made cakes (that didn’t cost $20 each), I picked up a few ingredients and prayed for the best. This ended up being such a simple and amazing cake – it’s so completely perfect for fall!
If you’ve ever had a Tres Leches cake, this is a similar idea. You take an (already delicious) pumpkin cake and soak it with a couple of different kinds of milk to make it super creamy and rich. I think you guys are going to love this one – we did!
Grab the recipe below…
Pumpkin Bombshell Cake
- 15.25 oz box spice cake mix
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup half a stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz tub cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, mix together spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, and melted butter. Slowly add in milk until batter is pourable (it might not be necessary to use the entire half cup). Spread cake mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x13" dish.
- Bake according to package directions (usually 25-30 minutes).
- Once the cake is out of the oven, allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes. Take a fork and poke holes throughout the cake.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sweetened condensed and evaporated milk. Pour this mixture over the top of the cake, filling the fork holes.
- Frost the cake with the cream cheese frosting and allow to cool in the fridge until ready to serve.
Hope you guys enjoy (what’s left of) fall!
WANT THE LATEST RECIPES FROM LAMBERTS LATELY?
Subscribe to get my latest content straight to your inbox. You'll also receive exclusive access to my collection of printables!