This super easy recipe for Crack Twice Baked Potatoes is loaded with the flavors of ranch, bacon, and cheddar cheese. One of the best recipes for a quick side dish!
In my opinion, there aren’t many side dishes on earth better than a good twice baked potato.
It’s like the perfect combination of flavors and textures. A little bit of crisp on the outside (from buttered skins) and a warm, creamy, flavorful inside. I’m craving one just writing this!
If you’ve browsed Pinterest recently, I’m sure you’ve seen something about some kind of “cracked out” recipe or something called crack dip. Well – it’s named that for a reason. It’s totally addictive. We had a little bit leftover from a batch I made about a month ago, along with a few potatoes that needed to be used up – and crack twice baked potatoes came together beautifully!
Check out the super simple method for bringing this home run of a side dish together – once you start making twice baked potatoes this way, there’s a pretty good chance you’ll never go back.
Crack Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 12 oz sour cream
- 1 pack ranch dressing mix
- 6-8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 3-4 tablespoons salt
- chives for garnish
- Bake potatoes until insides are soft (I prefer to put in an Instant Pot with 1 cup of water for about 15 minutes). Allow to cool before handling.
- Mix together sour cream, ranch dressing mix, bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Once potatoes are cool, cut in half and scrape out the insides with a spoon, leaving just enough around the peel to keep skins stable. Mix scraped out potato with the sour cream mixture until well-blended.
- Brush outside of skins with butter and sprinkle with salt; place on a lined cookie sheet. Then, spoon sour cream mixture back into skins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until tops of potatoes start to brown.
- Garnish with chives.
Hope you enjoy! Check out more of my recipe posts by clicking here.
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!