This recipe for Instant Pot Sausage Rotel Dip uses Velveeta, Rotel, cream cheese, and hot breakfast sausage to make an out-of-this-world tailgate appetizer that everyone will love! Can also sub ground beef or chicken for the meat.
Here you have it; my absolute, end-all-be-all, favorite recipe on the planet.
I've had gourmet food all over the world. I've had some of the finest delicacies on the planet. But, if I had to choose my last meal right now, it would be Rotel Dip – that's the honest truth. I could probably take out one of these whole recipes in just a few days. Give me a bag a chips and a big bowl of Rotel dip, and I'm set!
And, for you Instant Pot fans, it's totally possible (and actually easier) to make this in the Instant Pot! It's so nice to be able to brown the sausage, marry the flavors of the meat and Rotel, and easily melt the cheese in one place. Yes, it's completely ok to make this in the microwave/stovetop as well (I've done it many times) – this method just allows you to do everything quicker and with less dishes. I'll take that option any day of the week.
Get ready for the most addictive, delicious tailgate appetizer you'll ever meet. It's rare that this recipe makes it home when taken to a friends' house. Everybody loves it!
Not a big sausage fan? No problem. You can use ground beef, rotisserie chicken, or even pulled pork in this Rotel dip – any combination is delicious! I've even made it without meat before…it's still amazing, but something about that hot sausage really sets off the flavor.
This is one I've made so many times that I have the recipe memorized – but I thought I'd write it down for posterity today! Let's take a look at the recipe for Instant Pot Sausage Rotel Dip.
Instant Pot Sausage Rotel Dip
- Instant Pot
- 16 oz hot breakfast sausage
- 20 oz Rotel tomatoes (not drained)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz Velveeta (easy melt) cheese
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Once warm, add sausage. Cook until crumbled and brown; drain excess grease.
- Add both cans of Rotel (without draining) to Instant Pot. Lock on lid and set your pressure cooker (manual) function to 4 minutes.
- Once cook cycle is over and pressure is released, remove lid and stir well. Turn on slow cooker (low) function.
- Add cream cheese and Velveeta, cut into 1" chunks. Stir until cheese is melted and mixed into sausage/Rotel.
- Slow cook dip, stirring occasinally, until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.
READY TO ORGANIZE A HOME YOU'LL LOVE?
Subscribe to the Lamberts Lately newsletter for the latest from the blog. You'll also get access to the newsletter-exclusive printable collection, full of home organization printables!